International Business News – The Cambodia Development Council (CDC) announced on August 5 that the council recently approved five new investment projects that will create thousands of jobs.
According to reports, the newly approved investment projects are:
1. FUKKI APPAREL AND LAUNDRY TECHNOLOGY invested $5.4 million in the construction of a garment AND water washing plant on Highway 6A of Baili Sub-district, Chrouy Changvar, Phnom Penh City, which can create 2,404 jobs.
2. THE INHERITANCE invested in the construction of a shoe material factory in Mohaleixi Township, Gongbixi County, Kampong Speu. The project investment amounted to 5.3 million US dollars and could create 1,018 jobs.
3. Solar Long PV-Tech invested in the construction of a solar panel and assembly plant in the Royal Group Special Economic Zone of Phnom Penh. The project investment amounted to 12 million US dollars and could create 500 jobs.
4. Cambodian Xihanouke Cabinet invested in a cabinet factory in the Zhejiang International Special Economic Zone of Sihanoukville, with an investment of US$3 million, which can create 250 jobs.
5. The Phnom Penh Royal Group Special Economic Zone of Taica (Cambodia) Corporation invests in the construction of a plastic pellet factory with an investment of US$620,000, which can create 20 jobs.